Pages

17 Jun 2011

Grenade Cam: filming A TV show - with guns!

What a week I have had. I began filming a special episode of a well-known TV series.

I can't tell you too much about my character without giving anything away but the techniques that have been used on set have been world class. Grenade cam, gun fights and exploding glass; armourers, pistols and exploding squibs. It was weird firing blanks and seeing things explode; it felt like we were doing all the damage ourselves. Very authentic. And very cool. It was like playing with the most expensive toys money can buy. It was every boy's dream!

But the character I play is such a dreadful person, it's great fun to play him. Being a villain requires a level of letting go of everything that is nice and wholesome in the world. Imagine accessing what you really wanted to say to the man in the pharmacy queue; or what you'd want to do to him. It's not for the faint hearted because we as humans have great potential for doing really bad things.

Next week is going to be darker for my character but me, I'm going to be the boy playing with the expensive toys again, trying not to eat too many chips in the catering truck :)

Location:London

No comments:

#navbar-iframe {display:none !important;}